Friday 24 February 2012

Congratulations!

When someone does well, or has some good news, congratulate them!
Don't take it as read that you are happy for them or that you are proud.


  • Two of my children took part in Rock Challenge (http://www.rockchallenge.co.uk/) I encouraged them because it is great organisation and convinced them they would only have a drama role and wouldn't have to dance. However it transpired that they did have to dance - and both stuck with it and did really well. I didn't think I'd ever see my son dance - and dance well. What a lovely moment and what a great revelation to all of us! I'm so proud of both of them for stretching themselves and being open to trying new things.


  • My friend is getting married - hurrah! and has invited me - Hurrah! Congratulations were sent!
  • And a new friend, a fellow student, has just got an 'outstanding distinction' for her assignment. It puts my 'very good' in the shade somewhat(!) but I am genuinely really, really happy for her. Congratulations were sent!

No comments: